[TriLUG] Install hell

Christopher Knowles knowlesc at telocity.com
Sat Apr 27 19:59:06 EDT 2002

Well, I don't have any specific advice... other than to say that I've got a
XPS R 450 with 256 MB RAM that I've installed RH7.2 on.  The only difference
is that I don't have a maxtor ATA-100 controller.

Could you try the install with the motherboard IDE controller?  I know that
Dell's can get cranky with some hardware.

CJK