[TriLUG] Sophos pricing?

Jeremy P jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Apr 30 17:22:26 EDT 2002

On 30 Apr 2002, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 14:11, Maria Winslow wrote:
> > Does anyone have pricing information on Sophos? They wouldn't give me any information via email when I requested it, and insisted on me providing a business address
> > and phone number first.
>
> It might help if you explained what Sophos was first?

It's commercial anti-virus software that's available for multiple
platforms including Linux.  I looked into getting it a while back to run
on our web server, which is connected to by Windows users occassionally.

I never found out the pricing either; they're very closed-mouth about it.
That lead me to believe the price must be sky-high.  If not, well so much
for that marketing strategy; they lost me as a customer!

--Jeremy