[TriLUG] Backups

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Wed May 1 09:55:13 EDT 2002

We use a combination of Dump and Mondo.  Mondo
(http://www.mondorescue.org/) is great for cloning but not so good for
single file stores.  I have heard good things about LoneTar
(http://www.lonetar.com/) but I have not used it myself.  We were
looking at BackupEdge (http://www.microlite.com/) but the version that
we needed was still in beta when we started rollout so we ended up going
another way.  It does look like a nice product, though.