[TriLUG] Re: Lilo question

Roberto J Dohnert webwarrior at mac.com
Thu May 2 12:31:03 EDT 2002

>Message: 2
>From: Greg Brown <gregbrown at mindspring.com>
>To: trilug at trilug.org
>Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 12:41:38 -0400
>Subject: [TriLUG] lilo question
>
>Yesterday I split my laptop into two partitions: 1 linux, 1 win2k.  I loaded
>RH 71. first, then installed Win2k.  Now the machine boots straigth into
>windows (no lilo).  Is there an easy way to get Lilo working post-install or
>should I bit the bullet and totally re-install RH 7.1?
>
>Greg
>
>--__--__--

Hey Greg,

How are ya doing.  Well sounds like you gotta hell of a problem right
now.  As far as I know there is no cure for your prob yet.  I have heard
the Windows 2000 bootloader likes to be on top and doesnt like Lilo or
grub,  I had the same problem with my Laptop and the only way I could
get it to work is by using the Linux boot disk that I created during
setup.  If you didnt create the boot disk you need to use the install
disks and do the Rescue option if your dual boot was anything like mine
the mount point for Linux was /dev/hda8 what ever yours is type it and
let it boot.  Now to make a bootdisk type /sbin/mkbootdisk and that will
create your boot disk

Good luck