[TriLUG] Kernel Tuning: RHL and Oracle question

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Mon May 6 09:55:10 EDT 2002

I'm installing Oracle 9i on RHL. Believe it or don't, I' ve never really had
to tune the kernels before. The default values work well for me.

Now I need to make some mods for Oracle. Is ther a write up on how to do
this? I'm looking at the kerneltuning howto but it's not exactly helping
since it says "refer to your documentation". That's what I'm looking, docs
on how to modify the mem settings and make them stick in RHL the only note I
have so far is to modify /etc/sysctl.conf.

Thanks for the help and letting me vent.