[TriLUG] RH7.2 and Duron CPU

M. Mueller mmueller at signalnetware.com
Mon May 6 09:54:09 EDT 2002

I loaded RH7.2 (boxed version) on to a Duron CPU system this weekend. It
loaded just fine.  On the final restart, it did a kernel panic.  This
platform had been running RH6.1 with Kernel 2.2.14 with alpha-level drivers
for Sangoma WANPIPE for about 8 months prior.  I loaded Mandrake 8.1 (boxed)
which came up and ran with no problems.

With 7.2, I loaded with GRUB.  During the final restart, I edited the
"kernel" line and added "mem=nopentium".  That did not get rid of the kernel
panic.

Has anyone know what's going on here?

System specs: Duron 700Mhz, 128MB, 4GB HDD, Biostar M7VKQ uATX MoBo with
on-board video and ethernet

--
Michael Mueller
Signalnetware, Inc.