[TriLUG] Keysigning

James LewisMoss dres at lewismoss.net
Mon May 6 13:25:14 EDT 2002

 >> I'm hip to doing some keysigning at the Installfest, even if that
 >> will be somewhat chaotic. At least, I'll have my laptop, and can
 >> sign keys for people who can positively identify themselves and
 >> their keys (without looking at my laptop screen) at the i-fest.

 Lisa> So is this kind of an insider thing? I have the very basic
 Lisa> concept down of what ya'll are talking about, but how you
 Lisa> create keys and use them has escaped me right now. Should I
 Lisa> just worry about getting Linux installed and save this for
 Lisa> later? :)

Read the gpg faq.  It'll explain all.  I've been signing keys and
stuff for years and I still really don't understand everything though,
so prepare to take some things on faith. :)

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres at debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!
@    http://www.lewismoss.org/~dres     |  Linux is kewl!