[TriLUG] fstab.REVOKE

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Mon May 6 15:01:53 EDT 2002

I think that I know what happened but I am seeking some clarification.
When I came in this morning one of my test servers had the green active
light on it's floppy drive.  Latter, I needed to use the drive for
something and I couldn't mount it or umount it.  It gave and error about
/etc/fstab.  Sure enough, the floppy line was no in there.  I did find
it in fstab.REVOKE though.  Hmmm, I thought, what happened here?  The
server is scheduled to reboot on Sundays and a floppy disk was in the
drive. Could that have caused this?  Also, when I rebooted the machine
(sans floppy) it gave an error about the floppy drive.  I hard booted it
and went to write down the error message, it didn't come up after hard
boot.  Anyway, my question is, under what circumstances will
fstab.REVOKE be created?  Thanks!
--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5