[TriLUG] Red Hat 7.3 - pricing suggestions for the lurkers @ RHAT

Christopher Knowles knowlesc at telocity.com
Tue May 7 06:15:24 EDT 2002

While I agree that a $30 price point for the box set would be nice, take a
look at how much you just paid for that Xbox game, or that PC game.  (Paid 54
for JKII, well worth it.)

My strategy is this.  I pay the $60 for at least one of each major revision.
In this case it will be 7.3, but I usually upgrade the box with one other
revision.  I'm not really upgrade happy.  And if you look at the cost of
upgrading windows... yeesh.  You're paying for a full copy, not just an
upgrade.  So if RH is competing with M$ it's a fair price point.

Regarding RHN, $60/year/box is still too much for me for personal use.  (And
the way things are with many companies too...)

my 2c.  (Used to be a physics major, first time I saw that I thought someone
was saying that they were superluminal.)

CJK