[TriLUG] Decent install target?

J Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Tue May 7 10:46:01 EDT 2002

Over the weekend my 2 year old son quite literally made me revive and old
machine I had sitting around the house. He wanted to play with it, and it
wouldn't even POST. So we opened it up, and found that there was no memory
installed. Dig around a little, ah yes, here we go, 4 chips. Slap those
puppies in and 'thar' she blows" (booted to NT) ;-). So now I'm thinking,
would this make a decent platform for a server type install? By server I
mean in the RedHat since of no X windows. I was thinking maybe an install of
RH6.2. or even maybe checking out Debian? Would this box suffice for a
router / firewall / VPN / what ever else?

TIA,
Justin