[TriLUG] Red Hat 7.3 - pricing & alternatives

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Tue May 7 09:59:37 EDT 2002

quotation from Chris Hedemark <chris at yonderway.com> [on 020507 09:20]:

> Are you going to be at the installfest, John?  If so I may hope to have
> a Debian/sparc guy like yourself help me to get up to speed on Debian
> and all the cool things like apt that set it apart from other distros.

I am going to be at the installfest, but I am not to much of a Debian
(or any other Linux) on sparc expert.  I have installed both Debian and
Redhat on Sun hardware, but its more of the antique variety.  My newest
hardware is a SS-10, which has pretty must always run OpenBSD.

As far as Debian goodness goes, heres some tip pages that I use or point
people to regularly:

The Debian Reference: http://qref.sourceforge.net/quick/index.en.html
(especially the Debian Nirvana section:
http://qref.sourceforge.net/quick/ch-package.en.html#s-debian-package)