[TriLUG] Decent install target?

J Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Tue May 7 11:40:21 EDT 2002

> It's hard to say what it is appropriate for without knowing
> what kind of hardware it is, but I'm inclined to say that if it will boot
> Windows NT it will likely run at least some flavor of Linux.
> So tell us more about the box.

Ok, I know I should have been more specific. The box is a "MIG1998", a.k.a
"Made In Garage circa 1998". :-) Not sure about mobo, will have to look
later, but it has a Pentium 233MMX processor, 64MB EDO Ram, generic (i.e.
unknown) video card, and a 10GB Maxtor IDE hdd. CDrom, floppy,etc. It does
use an AT connector for the keyboard, and the mouse is serial. I said it was
old, right? I guess I should pull it pull it out and take an inventory of
what is actually there, huh? Obviously if I bring it to the installfest I'll
bring a serial mouse and a PS/2-->AT keyboard converter.

JJ