[TriLUG] Decent install target?

J Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Tue May 7 12:18:02 EDT 2002

> Sounds like a great installfest candidate.  I think you'd be surprised
> just how useful this machine can be.  My wife has a machine
> with similar
> specs running win2k so if that bloated OS can run on such a machine,
> surely we can get Linux working well on there.
Cooool! I'll bring it and we'll see what gives. It runs NT ok, but I don't
really need an NT Server at home any more, so it has just been sitting
around for a while now. Can anyone say "Bye Bye Windows!"

> If you also have a faster Linux box at home, bring both to the
> installfest.  I can make the faster machine a terminal server for the
> slower machine, so you'll have full desktop access to your faster
> machine from multiple points around the house (minus sound of course).
I do have another faster box that is running Linux at the house. I'll bring
it too, and lets' see what all I can get spastic about! ;-) Thanks a lot!

I'll also organize what all I am / want to run at the house, and maybe you
guys can make suggestions on better / more secure ways of doing things.
It'll probably be more than can be addressed at the I-fest, but at least I
can go home with some things done and a plan of action for the rest. I'm
getting pretty pumped for the install fest now!