[TriLUG] Red Hat 7.3 - for Nalin at redhat.com (mild flame)

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Tue May 7 12:36:48 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 12:05:44PM -0400, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> > I subscribed to this list when I was a student working for NCSU,
>
> Ah that explains it.

Ouch.  I'm not kidding, that *really* hurts.

> > and it's
> > off-putting when people assume that everywhere you go, you're there as a
> > representative of your employer and nothing else.
>
> Well you are responding to an comment on your company's policies using a
> company email address.  As far as anyone here can see, you ARE here as a
> representative of your employer.

That's really a no-win proposition.  I did give that some thought before
posting, but using the address I actually receive this mail at might
have seemed deceptive, so I decided not to.

If using the other address and appending a note in each message I send
stating that I work for Red Hat but don't speak for the company as a whole
would work better, I'm willing to try it.

Nalin