[TriLUG] Re RH 7.2 and Duron CPU

Roberto J Dohnert webwarrior at mac.com
Tue May 7 16:37:18 EDT 2002

On my Compaq Presario 5000 I also have a Duron CPU and I run RH 7.2  I
have never had any problems with kernel panics.  The AMD athlon on the
other hand gives me alot of problems on another machine and it only
likes one Distro..Slackware.  I know Compaq has released a BIOS flash
that fixed a Integrated sound card prob I had with the Via AC97
integrated sound controller.  If yours is a Compaq that may be your
problem.  If it is not I dont even know where to begin to look for you.
 If yours is a compaq let me know andI will get the SP number for you
and you can see if that helps your problem.  Wish I could be more
helpful Dan.