[TriLUG] Red Hat Launches Nation's First K-12 Red Hat Linux Education Program; Helps Improve Computing Access for All Students

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Wed May 8 09:42:36 EDT 2002

Avui, Dimecres 08 Maig 2002 06:50, no tenieu res mes que fer i me vareu enviar
aquest e-mail
> http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2002/press_education2.html

> This stuff is going on right in our backyards.  Maybe we ought to at
> least introduce ourselves to the nearby districts that are participating
> and invite the technology leaders from these schools to attend our
> meetings.  I think it would complement what Red Hat is doing really
> well.

Actualy, this was part of my "voting campaing speech"

*grin*

I guess that we can get some help from Red Hat.... use them, 'cause I'm almost
sure that they would love a band of organized Pinguinistas like us working in
the same direction.

This is an important matter, IMHO. Getting pressure off from School budgets.
Heck, even UNC-Chapel Hill is in a dire budget crisis right now (thank you,
Gov. Easley!)

Salut,
Sinner
--
RedHat QA Test Engineer  --  Running RedHat 7.3 on i386smp
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/