[TriLUG] Red Hat Launches Nation's First K-12 Red Hat Linux Education Program; Helps Improve Computing Access for All Students

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Wed May 8 10:23:19 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 10:08, Sinner from the Prairy wrote:
> Maybe we should reopen the Education list. And everyone that voluntiers, can
> state with county they live/work in, which time they have available... so we
> can co-ordinate "work-groups".

We never closed the education list. People stopped posting to it.

> For example, I live in Orange County. I work in Raleigh, so the commute
> effectively leaves me just with the "week-end" as spare time. Maybe I can
> manage to get a free afternoon or something like that. But it won't be easy.

That's bee the biggest problem with *ANY* volunteer effort within
TriLUG. Most of us are professionals with families and full-time jobs.
Many of us have limited free time we can spend on these projects, no
matter how much we care.

While we've managed to do a lot this past year, we can always do more.
The difficulty is in organization and scheduling.

I've tried, over the past few years, to do more. I've asked, repeatedly
for volunteers. The current candidates for the SC are the people who
time and again have stepped up to the plate.

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9
"It's not stupid...it's ADVANCED"