[TriLUG] Red Hat Launches Nation's First K-12 Red Hat Linux Education Program; Helps Improve Computing Access for All Students

Robert Floyd r.floyd3 at verizon.net
Wed May 8 13:26:13 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 06:50, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2002/press_education2.html
>
> This stuff is going on right in our backyards.  Maybe we ought to at
> least introduce ourselves to the nearby districts that are participating
> and invite the technology leaders from these schools to attend our
> meetings.  I think it would complement what Red Hat is doing really
> well.

My daughter attends DSA, so I have an interest in what happens in Durham
County. While I am by no means a geek guy, I am reasonably adept
technically and can, perhaps, help in showing folks how to use Linux
apps in the real world. At any rate, I would be happy to help out in any
way possible to assist the cause of education and open source, in that
order.

Where does one go to volunteer?

Robert Floyd
Durham, NC