[TriLUG] Red Hat Launches Nation's First K-12 Red Hat Linux Education Program; Helps Improve Computing Access for All Students

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Wed May 8 13:50:49 EDT 2002

Chris wrote:
>Probably the best thing to do is get your daughter to find out from the
>administration at school who is the best person for us to interface
>with.  From there we can see how much/little they would like from us in
>the way of help.

I know you guys are still teaching me :) but I would like to help with the
schools and educating. I'm pretty good at helping people understand
technical jargon (once I've learned it myself), setting up systems, and/or
organization. I have contact with a few teachers in the local (Durham)
schools so I'll see what information I can dig up here. Right now I'm
drawing a blank on what DSA is - sorry. Science Academy?

I'm basically freelancing right now so my schedule is flexible. I may be
able to help out with some of that project management/organization stuff
that was mentioned too. I like testing out new software and such :) So once
I officially join the group and get my own box set up - just let me know
what needs to be done.

Lisa B.