[TriLUG] Linux for the Laptop

john broome trilug at jbroome.org
Wed May 8 14:51:38 EDT 2002

>Does anyone know which distribution is good for Laptop computers.  My
>Laptop is a 366 mhz intel celeron Processor I have RH 7.2 on it right
>now but my sound card and onboard modem are not supported.  I have found
>drivers for the modem but not for the Riptide Sound Card.
>Any Ideas guys ?

I've had Mandrake 8.1, 8.2 and RH 7.2 & 7.3 (hey i'm experimenting!) running on a dell inspirion 3200 (P233mmx 144 megs of ram) I didn't have an internal modem to worry about, but my soundcard has been wonky.

I had it working, but changed distributions and lost it.  I seem to remember that I had to unselect PnP in the bios and use sndcfg to set the interrups, etc.

Google was fairly helpful for me, probably more helpful than this reply was.. ;)