[TriLUG] User admin question

Paul D. Boyle boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Wed May 8 14:04:52 EDT 2002

Kevin Hunter wrote:
> I have a user account I let the web developers use to make changes
> and updates to our website(s) ( call it /home/domains/website/htdocs/
> ).  There's an additional user, not in web group, that they would
> like to give write access to one particular subfolder so they can
> update certain pages on a daily basis.  How do I give this user
> rights to this one subfolder w/o making them a member of the group
> that has rights to /home/domains/website/htdocs/ ??

How about making a third group and making the web developers and the
additional user both members of this group?  Then make a subdirectory
(they aren't "folders" by the way) where this third group as rwx
permissions.

Paul

Paul D. Boyle			    |	boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Director, X-ray Structural Facility |	phone: (919) 515-7362
Department of Chemistry - Box 8204  |	FAX:   (919) 515-5079
North Carolina State University     |
Raleigh, NC, 27695-8204
http://laue.chem.ncsu.edu/web/xray.welcome.html