[TriLUG] No ftp mirror tonight, unless...

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu May 9 10:25:10 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 10:21, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> Kevin kind of beat me to the punch on this.  I was going to suggest
> taking up a collection for one or two massive hard disks for the ftp
> mirror but too many collections running at once will spread our
> resources too thin.  Maybe I'll ask in a couple of months.

Actually, here's what I can do - I can outlay the $$ for a base station,
but pizza $ and the FTP server come first. I can amortize the cost of a
base station for a month or two, I think.

> I think all of the regular meeting attendees should consider dropping
> $10 or $20 in the pizza fund tonight.  We've enjoyed free pizza for
> years, and unless corporate sponsorship does a neck-snapping turnabout
> in activity we're going to lose our pizzas soon.

So far we've been able to make it up on donations. We're breaking even
on pizza with individual contributions so far, and while I'd love to see
that continue, I'd also like some extra $$ in the bank for padding.

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

"I will rule you all with an Iron Fist! You! Obey the fist!" - Zim