[TriLUG] No ftp mirror tonight, unless...

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu May 9 11:47:30 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 11:41, Geoff Purdy wrote:
> I saw on techbargains.com that TechDepot has the DLink 713P wireless router
> for $89.95 shipped after coupon and rebate.  I'm using a 713P at home and
> have been very pleased.

I also have a 713P, and submitted my rebate. It's a great router, but it
really wans to be the network firewall, which caused me some
consternation when I set it up.

> I'm not eligible to submit a second rebate (one per household).  If someone
> else in the group is willing to make the purchase on behalf of TriLUG, I'd
> be willing to donate half of the net cost ($45) to TriLUG.

I'm thinking about grabbing a cheap pass-through WAP before the meeting
tonight. We certainly don't need firewalling, or a print server, or,
well, really a WAP at all for meetings. It's nice to have, though, and
really useful at installfests.

before we collect money for a WAP, we really should build up the pizza
fund, and get disks for the FTP server. My initial suggestion was
off-the-cuff, and as *MANY* have pointed out, there are bigger and
better things y'alls donatations can go to. We can live with "if I
remember to bring mine" for a while yet, I'm sure.

And prices keep going down...

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

"I will rule you all with an Iron Fist! You! Obey the fist!" - Zim