[TriLUG] Bio

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu May 9 12:02:41 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 11:23, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> Hrm, suppose I should do this too.  =)

I aught to, but if y'all don't know me by now.. *grin*

Hi, I'm kevin Sonney, second-term Chair of the LUG, finishing my third
term on the SC.

I've been using Linux full time for the past three years, and have been
experimenting with it since about Slackware 1.0

I like to think actions speak louder than words, but here's a quick
synopsis of "what I've done for the LUG" :
1 - installed FatAlpha
2 - built a membership database so that we aren't totally relying on
paper records
3 - helped archetect the current mirrors.trilug.org setup (which I hope
4 - signed the agreement w/inflow that trades rack space for "powered by
inflow" graphics on our site (mad props to inflow)
5 - managed the day-to-day stuff for trilug
6 - helped organize and set up the CHCPS Wiring
7 - proposed and wrote the subcommittee guidelines
8 - held the line at keeping trilug membership free
9 - list administrivia
10 - worked with the treasurer to maintain 501(c)(3) status & legalities

> I'm agreeing with Tanner on this.  I can imagine how much of a PITA it
> is to keep things going month-to-month, and regardless of the outcome of
> the elections, I'd like to give a hearty "thanks" to everyone involved.

We don't like to tell new candidates what needs to be done to keep
things running month-to-month - we're afraid they might not want the job
after all *grin*. In the end, though, we've done a pretty good job, and
I'm proud of the past year. Sure, we could do some things better, and
the next SC probably will.

All that being said, I hope to serve another year on the SC, if y'all
will have me. There are some changes I'd like to see made not only on
the "what more can we offer to members" area, but also in the "how can
we make the organization run better" area.

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

"I will rule you all with an Iron Fist! You! Obey the fist!" - Zim