[TriLUG] No ftp mirror tonight, unless...

Mike Broome mbroome at employees.org
Thu May 9 13:51:21 EDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 11:47:30AM -0400, Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:
> I'm thinking about grabbing a cheap pass-through WAP before the meeting
> tonight. We certainly don't need firewalling, or a print server, or,
> well, really a WAP at all for meetings. It's nice to have, though, and
> really useful at installfests.
>
> before we collect money for a WAP, we really should build up the pizza
> fund, and get disks for the FTP server. My initial suggestion was
> off-the-cuff, and as *MANY* have pointed out, there are bigger and
> better things y'alls donatations can go to. We can live with "if I
> remember to bring mine" for a while yet, I'm sure.

I have no problems with continuing to bring mine to the meetings (as
long as I'm coming to the meeting and I don't forget to pack it up in
the morning) until we get one for the LUG.  I just didn't bring it today
since I have to leave early and didn't want to create extra confusion or
commotion.

I'd also be happy to throw some money at the problem of getting at AP
for the LUG.  (Or pizza or drives if those are more pressing needs.)
I'll bring my checkbook tonight.

Mike

ObLinuxAP:  I remember an article about a commercial AP that someone had
ported Linux to.  Just did a quick search and didn't find it.  I think
it would be cool to have one of these for the LUG.  If I can track down
the info about it, I'll see if that's feasible.

--
Mike Broome
mbroome(at)employees.org