[TriLUG] ldap - using ldap for personal address book

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri May 10 14:56:37 EDT 2002

We recently started looking at this (from the perspective of a single login).
 Here are some links I found helpful.  Openldap links:

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/quickstart.html

http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=ldap

OpenLDAP setup for PDC use (a quick howto):
http://www.enic.fr/people/landru/lobster/openldap/OpenLDAP-authenticating-with-PAM.txt

Here is an interesting look (9 months old) at the various Directory service
managers:
http://www.systemtoolbox.com/article.php?articles_id=26

An intro to LDAP use - totally focused on Unix, but good on concepts:
http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2001/11/08/ldap.html

 --- Original Message: Friday 10 May 2002 02:41 pm ---