[TriLUG] Eat and geek followup - Part 1

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Sat May 11 22:29:09 EDT 2002

A Dissabte 11 Maig 2002 08:50 pm, Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney va
escriure:
> More thank yous (the ones I can remember, anyway) :
> Josep "Sinner" Guallar-Esteve
> Ben Pitzer
> John Broome
> Bill Vinson
> Tanner Lovelace and son
> Chris Knowles
> Elliot Peele

> And everyone who I only know by first name, whose names I didn't get,
> and etc. I apologize for that, but I was bouncing about and didn't
> get a definite  head count for members.

Jim "Froglips" Campbell (EFF guy) was helping in installs with
not-so-easy stuff: 486 computers, Debian and Slackware installs,
Chinesse-speaking patrons... No, I'm not kidding.

Roberto Dohnert donated a wireless base station to TriLug. It was very
usefull. And it will keep being usefull at the regular meetings.

Re Hat, Inc. provided 32 "Red Hats". All were donated to people that
came to install a machine. People just wandering around got none. One
patron returned the hat b/c "... I don't wear hats. Give it to someone
else that wears hats...".  So my count of computers that got Linux
installed is 25 at least.

Eventualy, the returned hat went to Chris, who provided ftp server,
cd-burner service, a friendly face and an in-law experienced in
hammer-using activities... so he deserved it *grin*

Cheers everyone!

Someone came saying ".. I saw it on the newspaper..." What newspaper?
who did it? Can we link it at our website?

Also, should SC send a report to the press?

> It was standing room only, and after this one, I think we need to do
> installfests more than once a quarter!

Sure!

> Thanks again, for coming out, everyone!

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.2 - Kernel  2.4.18-6mdk     Linux Machine # 38068