[TriLUG] Eat and geek followup - Part 1

Jeremy Katz katzj at linuxpower.org
Sun May 12 13:55:29 EDT 2002

On Saturday, May 11 2002, John Franklin said:
> On Saturday, May 11, 2002, at 08:50 PM, Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney
> wrote:
> > It was standing room only, and after this one, I think we need to do
> > installfests more than once a quarter!
>
> Well, that would put the next one sometime in August..... which is about
> the time school starts.  How many Freshmen (or upperclassmen, for that
> matter) at State, UNC, and the billion other odd schools around here
> could use a fresh Linux install just before classes start?

The installfests of the LUG at NCSU at the beginnings of semesters are
usually pretty packed just for this reason.  Based on anecdotal
evidence, it's best to wait until a couple of weeks into the semester so
that people have some idea of what they need for classes and the like as
well.  Of course, coordinating so that the LUG at NCSU and trilug
installfests aren't at the same time is probably a good thing too :-)

Jeremy