[TriLUG] Promotions for Installfests

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Wed May 15 14:02:15 EDT 2002

Avui, Dimecres 15 Maig 2002 13:42, no tenieu res mes que fer i me vareu enviar
aquest e-mail
> Stay away form bashing Windows when trying to
> interest someone in Linux.

I just want to point out how true this is.

Linux != anti-Microsoft.

I use Linux befcause:

1.- I know what I am doing all the time

2.- IMHO, is a better solution for my needs

3.- Is localized in my language. And if it is not, I can localize it noproblem

4.- Gnu/Linux community is awesome, friendly, helpful... well, maybe I say
that b/c I've never met RMS... nevertheless, TriLug people has always been
there, when needed.

5.- I like software to be an asset, not a liability (BSA anyone?)

6.- I like to be license-compliant, respect IP... and keep within my budget.
Yes, I do buy boxed distros and non-opensource software.

7.- reboot? for what?

8.- virus? worms? rootkits? amlware? spyware?

9.- I own my data

10.- Last, but not least, because it is my choice to do so.

Salut,
Sinner
--
RedHat QA Test Engineer  --  Running RedHat 7.3 on i386smp
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/