[TriLUG] opera 6 for linux

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Thu May 16 08:53:21 EDT 2002

Hello John,

Cool.  I just tried it out.

Thanks

JD

john at radiomind.com (John Beimler)@trilug.org on 05/16/2002 08:41:34 AM

Please respond to trilug at trilug.org

Sent by:    trilug-admin at trilug.org

To:    trilug at trilug.org
cc:
Subject:    Re: [TriLUG] opera 6 for linux

quotation from John F Davis <johndavi at us.ibm.com> [on 020516 07:59]:

> What does the author mean by gestures?  I've even heard it refered to as
> mouse gestures.  What is that?

Heres the Mozilla gesture stuff I've played with.  (BTW -- gestures are
in Galeon too)

http://optimoz.mozdev.org/gestures/

Basically mouse gestures are click-hold with the mouse, and the action
is performed.  You click and hold the mouse button (and modifier key if
you have one defined) and then draw the gesture and release the button.
heres some examples:

right: back in history
left:  forward
up-down:  reload

etc..

I'm not much of a mouse user, so I didn't care for it, but for people
that use the mouse a lot I'd bet it comes in really handy.

Peace.

john