[TriLUG] Where, oh where, is libtinfo.so.5?

Robert Floyd r.floyd3 at verizon.net
Thu May 16 09:05:28 EDT 2002

On Thursday 16 May 2002 02:11, al johson wrote:
> Ahem, I believe the "lame problem" has victimized yet another Linux user!!
> Al Johnson.

That does not sound promising at all. The frustrating thing is that this (MP3
ripping via Konqueror) was working well under SuSe 7.3/KDE 2.2.2. What
changed in SuSe's disto or KDE to hose up that capability? And why is it so
hard to find libtinfo.so.5?

I'm starting to think I should have (a) not upgraded or (b) picked up Mandrake
instead.

Is this why folks here never talk about SuSe distros?

Robert Floyd
Durham, NC