[TriLUG] panel hanging Enlightenment after upgrade

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Thu May 16 11:43:34 EDT 2002

I run Enlightenment on RH 7.2, and have my .xinitrc start up the
Gnome panel app.  I recently applied all the errata updates, and
now there's some new behaviour.  When Enlightenment starts,
there's the usual dual bar across the middle of the screen,
and the 'countup' above it.  Normally, when the countup reaches
100%, the bars withdraw to the top and bottom of the screen,
and my desktop shows up.  After this upgrade, though, they just
hang out there unchanged.  If I go to a different console and kill
the panel process, Enlightenment will finish and things get back
to normal, though I need to start the panel manually.

So: Anyone have any ideas?  Is there some magic option I can
insert somewhere to get these two to play well together?  I'd
rather not have to ditch the panel altogether..

TIA!
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"