[TriLUG] panel hanging Enlightenment after upgrade

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Fri May 17 11:03:38 EDT 2002

Ed Hill wrote:

> I also use Enlightenment (v0.16) with the Gnome panel and I launch it
> with the following ~/.Xclients file:
>
> #=============
> /usr/bin/panel >& /dev/null &
> enlightenment
> #=============
>
> It has worked well for me on RH 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3.  Perhaps this
> will be better than your .xinitrc approach?

I'm actually using .xsession rather than .xinitrc; my mistake.
I've now got

panel --sm-disable > /dev/null 2>&1 &
exec enlightenment

in ~/.xsession, but the behaviour is unchanged..  H'm.  I've never
been entirely straight on the whole .xinitrc/.Xclients/.xsession/...
mess; the documentation has seemed contradictory.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"