[TriLUG] PCMCIA Problem

Ken Mink ken.mink at porivo.com
Fri May 17 11:29:54 EDT 2002

Hi Folks,
  I have a problem that has been bugging me for a while. I've tried my
best and now I'm going to turn to the collective knowledge that is
TriLUG.
  I have a HP Pavilion ze1110 laptop. I've got RH7.3 on it. The one
thing that is driving me nuts is that it won't start up the pcmcia nic
during the boot process. I have pcmcia services going and ifcfg-eth0 is
set for onboot. Once the OS is up, all I have to do to get networking
active is pop the card out and re-insert it. Once it's back in, it gets
initialized and the dhcp request succeeds.
  When I pop it out the first time, there is no indication in the logs,
that cardmgr thought it was there in the first place. Why isn't cardmgr
finding the card during its startup?
  I've baffled and annoyed, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

--
Ken Mink