[TriLUG] PCMCIA Problem

Steven Blanchard sgblanch at email.unc.edu
Fri May 17 12:09:12 EDT 2002

I have not upgraded to 7.3 yet, but all versions or redhat that I have
worked on previous started networking before it started cardmanager
services, so I would get a delaying eth0 initilization, but once the
card services were up, the card would come on automatically. Have you
tried to use cardctl ( i believe that is the command, i have not had
linux on a laptop for a bit ) to to a software insert? if that works a
quick fix might be to do a cardctl insert in your boot up scripts. That
would not solve the real problem, but it might be a useful alternative.

~steven