[TriLUG] promotions for installfest

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Fri May 17 13:10:14 EDT 2002

Well this is the first time I've even heard about "info pages". All the
books on Linux tell you about are the "Man pages" and how to read them.
Actually, however, if the info pages are written as poorly as the Man pages,
I'd rather have a list of newbie websites, because although you can find
these in Google there are a lot of them and some websites are obviously much
more useful than others. Here again it's best to have someone with some
experience with these websites. There are several available to help with
modem problems, and even winmodems--at the least they can tell you if your
particular winmodem has a driver available for it, etc. Incidentally, this
is another indication of the problem with modems. ---Al