Security (was Re: [TriLUG] who else is experimenting with the sharp zaurus?)

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri May 17 15:27:39 EDT 2002

 --- Original Message: Friday 17 May 2002 11:31 am ---
> Now I have a better question.  How do I extend my vulnerability (my
> wireless network) further into my backyard without more wires?   I've
> got the Linksys wireless hub/cable router and it works okay but about
> half way into the back yard it quits (and its not very fast).  Is there
> some form of wireless repeater that will communicate with a base and
> client so that the signal strength is increased and extended?   :-)
>
> -Andy

Use a Pringles can.  Cut a hole in the side of the can a few inches from the
bottom and position your antenna in the can with the hole of the can pointing
towards your backyard... You'll have to play around with the distance from
the back of the can to get the signal strength right, so you might use up a
few cans before you get it right...