[TriLUG] TRouble to Install the mouse on Mandaric

Liyun Yu yu at radonc.unc.edu
Fri May 17 16:31:51 EDT 2002

We have a studnet at UNC who is trying to install the logitech mouse to
his laptop with the touchpad on it. He is running Mandrake 8.2 on it.
Would  anyone help him please answer this question?

Currently i am just very annoyed by the mouse malfunctioning.
I have a logitech optical wheel mouse (model number M-BD58).
I can't get it work under Mandrake 8.2.  It's no use to
set it up with Mouseconfig. I don't know what else it will change with
mouseconfig, but i do know it will change the following files
/etc/systemconfig/mouse* and /etc/X11/XF86Config and
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4.  When i mouseconfig to "USB/wheel", not only the
mouse won't work, the touchpad was killed too.  I followed some examples

on the web, manually change some parameters in XF86Config and
XF86Config-4.  Neither works. Do you know what might be the problem?

Thanks,

Liyun