[TriLUG] New Local Wireless Users Group Announcement

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Sun May 19 18:55:35 EDT 2002

Hello all,

There is a new wireless user group setting up shop in town, Triangle
Wireless Users Group.  I wanted to announce it here b/c if you notice
from our temporary URL, TriWUG is being hosted through the generosity of
the TriLUG Steering Committee.

http://www.trilug.org/triwug/

We will have a new URL soon and when that occurs I will post it to the
list.

TriWUG has the following stated plans:

1.	Host a web forum for the RTP area to discuss hardware, software
(Linux, BSD, Macintosh, Windows, etc.), and security issues related to
Wireless (802.11b, 802.11a, Bluetooth, etc.)
2.	Work towards having regular informal meetings
3.	Special events including hoped to include:
	Homebrew antenna shootouts - Contest to see which homemade antennas
have the best range
	Joint meetings with other local user groups

The above address will take you to our website, which is pretty much
just a link to the web forums right now.  We should have more content
outside of the forums as the group grows.  The web forums are really
quite nice as we are using the phpBB forums.    The forums are meant for
users of all operating systems.  However, the software section is
subdivided, so driver & software issues will be kept separate between
the various OS.  Currently the list of admins include myself and Mike
Johnson.

So, come on by, register, and post.  If you have any thoughts or
suggestions, please reply to the topic in the Feedback forum...

Thanks,
Bill