[TriLUG] Re: Why does Linux sound Still SUCK

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Mon May 20 11:39:38 EDT 2002

[Robby Dermody]
> With Winamp, go to the preferences and see what "output plugin" you're
> using (OSS or alsa, etc)...perhaps you can fiddle there.
>
> Just a thought if you want to find the culprit,

no idea if this is still the case these days, but if you're sending
sound through Esound (esd), then there's the big sucking noise :)

Also, I tend to turn off artsd as well and just let xmms/* go
directly to /dev/dsp although I admit to not needing any s/w mixing
of multiple sound streams.
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4