[TriLUG] Linux for Newbies

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Tue May 21 17:23:28 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 17:12, Mark Johnson wrote:

> I can offer to help setup a DocBook XML-based system for tagging the
> docs and generating output docs (website, html, pdf, ...).

<vice-chair hat off>
Mark, I think this would be quite valuable to put on trilug.org.  I
think if we're going to be serious about generating doc, we ought to do
it right in the first place by using a format such as DocBook which can
be automatically re-formatted into a bunch of other doc formats.  For
example, I mirror a large subset of the LDP on my Palm Pilot so that I
always have all that good doc with me (Plucker format).

> I also hacked together a newbie package 'psgmlx' for editing XML/SGML
> with GNU Emacs. It's simply to install/uninstall and won't mess with
> your present Emacs setup. I also made some color themes for syntax
> highlighting in xml/sgml modes. If interested, you can read
> more/download here:
>
>  http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/software.html

I've been meaning to get into DocBook for all my new writing so I will
definitely check that out.  Thanks.