[TriLUG] linmodem working

Geoff Purdy geoff.purdy at verizon.net
Thu May 23 12:22:50 EDT 2002

> I have a winmodem modem in my Presario 12XL500 laptop...

Thanks for posting this "mini-howto".  It will come in handy
if I can convince my fiance to let me install Linux on her
Presario 12XL510.

You might consider posting this info on ww.linux-laptop.net.
I know linux-laptop is a popular resource for those
installing (or considering) linux on their notebook.  In my
hands, configuring the linmodem is the most difficult
and time-consuming setup step.  Modern installers seem to
get the rest right without (much) intervention.

Just a suggestion...