Debian install (was Re: [TriLUG] Opinions on Redmond / Lycori s)

Mike Helms Mike.Helms at martinmarietta.com
Thu May 23 12:44:27 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,

I have read a lot of good reviews about 2.2R6, so I've ordered a set of CD's
(not worth downloading when I can just order a set for ten bucks) and I'll
give it a try.

The box that this is going on is just a test box anyways, so I don't mind
installing a dozen different distributions, just to see the differences if
nothing else.  Eventually I'd like to migrate all of my systems off of
Windows (I'll probably keep one around for the fun of it), but with the
number of distributions and the differences between them, I really need this
experience (and the collective advice of those who know what they're doing)
to sort this out.

Cheers,
-- Mike Helms