[TriLUG] Have I been compromised?

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Thu May 23 15:30:09 EDT 2002

Avui, Dijous 23 Maig 2002 15:04, no tenieu res mes que fer i me vareu enviar
aquest e-mail
> Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> > Actually days is probably optimistic.  I've heard of
> > default redhat boxes that were compromised within hours
> > or even minutes of being placed on the net (yes, I said
> > minutes).  The HoneyNet project has more information about
> > stuff like this.

> Thanks, I feel much better now   :(

One year ago, with CPUs much less powerfull, the "record" was a 50-minutes
root-ownership to a default Red Hat Linux 6.2 (with no actualizations
whatsoever).

Check out my Linux Security 101:

http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/security/
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/security/five.html

Salut,
Sinner
--
RedHat QA Test Engineer  --  Running RedHat 7.3 on i386smp
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/