[TriLUG] Hello from a newbie

Jonathan Hassell jon at jonathanhassell.com
Thu May 23 16:28:26 EDT 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002 13:15:45 -0400
"Mike Helms" <Mike.Helms at martinmarietta.com> wrote:

> of which, anyone who has experience porting Microsoft Outlook .pst files
> into StarOffice will be welcome into my home for lots of free food and
> drink.

There exists a seemingly obvious yet terribly under-utilized way to escape Hotel California, AKA Outlook. :) Bring up a local IMAP server - even temporarily - and move your messages to that IMAP server.  Then, from whatever mail client you wish to use, move the messages from the IMAP server to your box.  Or you could keep the IMAP server and run fetchmail/etc.  That's how I got out of a 500 MB PST without losing a single message.

I'll be glad to help if you have any questions or need assistance.

Best,
Jon