[TriLUG] Linux for Newbies

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Fri May 24 21:08:41 EDT 2002

Andy wrote:
>hint: meeting organizer lady, please reign in the conversation and set
>the location and agenda. :-)

Gee Andy - you sure know how to sweet talk a lady :)

>Andy            Northern Durham
>Kevin   Pittsboro*
>Lisa            Northern Durham
>Thunder Bear    Northern Orange County
>Tanner  Southern Durham

This is the list that I have of people who can come. I'm hoping that I'm
missing some people so - hey - speak up now! And don't feel like you have
to know anything to come - I certainly don't :)

I was going to wait until everyone recovered next week from the holidays to
start cracking down again, but since Andy missed me - figured I'd better
post now. I didn't have any time this week to start any brainstorming stuff
- so maybe I'll have time next week. I'll compile the things that have been
mentioned on the list so far, but if anyone wants to add stuff - feel free
to - and if you're shy about posting to the list, you can email me privately.

BTW, the DocBook discussion interested me - I'm still trying to get a grasp
on the basic Linux stuff much less the other different applications. Could
a DocBook guru attend this meeting to help us see how we might use this to
develop the information we're looking at adding?

Lisa B.

* It's nice to know that Pittsboro is growing :) The last time I was there
(admittedly several years ago) I was busy riding around in the back of
pick-up trucks with spotlights - don't hold that against me though :) Boy,
do I miss those late country nights with a clear view of the stars ...