[TriLUG] Sendmail error: SYSERR: putoutmsg

Chris Knowles knowlesc at telocity.com
Thu May 30 09:40:13 EDT 2002

Under 7.3 (and I think 7.2) sendmail is by default setup to only accept
connections from localhost.

In /etc/mail/sendmail.mc you should see a couple of lines...

dnl This changes sendmail to only listen on the loopback device
127.0.0.1
dnl and not on any other network devices. Comment this out if you want
dnl to accept email over the network.
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')

comment out that line, regenerate /etc/sendmail.cf and you should be
closer...

CJK