[TriLUG] Net monitoring

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Sat Jun 1 10:41:41 EDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-06-01 at 09:42, Chris Knowles wrote:
> OK, I've got opennms installed, it's discovered the subnet I asked it
> to, but it's not polling them.  The poll interval is set (by default) to
> 300000.  Is that Seconds, minutes, milliseconds?  The docs don't say.
> Is there something... probably very obvious... that I'm missing?
>
> The interface is very pretty, and pretty easy to understand, but I can't
> get the darn thing to DO anything.

Chris, the pollers are configured seperately from the discovery process
so it is possible that maybe the pollers have not been configured
against your subnet.

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2002/04/18/opennms.html

There is a great starter article that also tells you what files you
really need to edit to get started.

--
-=[*Thunder Bear*]=-
+[Upchuckee Nation]+