[TriLUG] Has DNS on RR died?

Robert A. Henderson rah at ntrnet.net
Sat Jun 1 14:03:13 EDT 2002

On 31 May 2002, Thunder Bear wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 19:05, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> > Yes.  TRILUG-DNS anyone?
>
> <Vice-Chair Hat Off> I'm personally not in favor of this.  I think any
> Linux user can very easily set up a caching DNS on their home machine
> that doesn't even use the RR servers.  I personally never noticed the RR
> DNS outage.</Vice-Chair Hat Off>

My linux box isn't on full time. However if this keeps up I may have to go
to the trouble of learning how to set up a caching DNS server. I've
noticed these little "outages" a lot lately. And remember just because you
never noticed it, doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Closed 5/31/2002 4:40 PM 5/31/2002 6:04 PM RALEIGH  Road Runner is
currently experiencing issues with DNS service in Raleigh area. Some
customers may not be able to reach certain web pages at this time. Our
engineers are working to quickly resolve the issue.