[TriLUG] Folder size control with procmail

Mike McLean mike at darkcanvas.com
Mon Jun 3 15:17:14 EDT 2002

I'm a fairly recent procmail convert, and I really enjoy being able to
have all my mailing list traffic be automatically organized into
folders.  However I currently do not have any automated mechanism for
trimming those folders; I just end up manually deleting by date every so
often.  Granted, it's not that much of a hassle, but I'd like to
automate this too.

This would of course be trivial if the imap server I access through
understood Maildir, but it doesn't.  While I have a few ideas, I thought
I would first check to see if anyone on the list had any suggestions.